Group sessions are available upon request for both weight reduction and Type 2 Diabetes/pre-diabetes.
Type 2 Diabetes Education
This is a 2-part programme, designed to educate you in all areas of healthy eating for diabetes
– What is diabetes?
– How ‘insulin resistance’ contributes to diabetes
– How the long term complications associated with diabetes occur
– Your most recent blood test results and where these are in relation to the recommended targets
– How to reduce Blood Glucose Levels, Cholesterol and Blood pressure
– How to achieve weight loss
– Discussion on the importance and benefits of activity
– Interactive activities
Individual or group follow-up sessions to track your progress are available upon request.
Weight Management Programme
This is a 3-part programme, designed to educate you in all areas of healthy eating for weight reduction.
– What is a healthy diet?
– Why fad diets don’t work
– The Eatwell plate model and the 5 food groups
– Portion size
– Glycaemic index
– Understanding food labels
– Fluid intake
– Energy balance and the role of physical activity in weight loss
Individual or group follow-up sessions to track your progress are available upon request. Just fill out the form to the right.